Back Pain Help
Back Pain Help is required every day by people all around the world. One of the most common conditions effecting four out of five adults and striking both young and old, can be very uncomfortable and painful. However, fear not! Most bad backs can be treated.
Sadly, there’s no magic potion to fix a bad back, but there is an abundance of options available to help coping with a bad back easier.
- Exercise & Diet. Carrying around extra weight on your belly puts extra strain on your spine, so get active and keep your back flexible and strong!
- Yoga. There are many different types of yoga to chose from, all of them focussing on your breathing and posture which can be extremely beneficial to back pain sufferers.
- Posture. Being aware of your posture can make a world of difference. Sitting down can do a surprising amount of damage! Try an erganomic chair, specifically designed to support your spine.
- Holistic Treatments. These can help reduce the intensity of your back pain, and include approaches such as massage, chiropractic, acupuncture and cupping, the ancient Chinese therapy which involves placing heated cups upside down on the skin, said to significantly reduce lower back pain compared with painkillers.
- Western Medicine. Medication, physical therapy, x-rays and in extreme cases, surgery. If you are experiencing serious pain, loss of bladder/bowel control, interrupted sleep, fever, or unexpected weight loss, contact your GP immediately.
Remember your goal; to reduce or eliminate your back pain altogether. Listen to your body and research all options before committing to anything. The last thing you want to do is damage your bad back further.